Adventure Recovery Guide Certificate
Adventure Recovery is offering the AR Guide certificate Program! Combining proven techniques and skills in both outdoor leadership and traditional mentoring, participants who complete the course will be empowered to offer life-changing experiences to individuals who are seeking support and lasting change in their lives.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for people who work with individuals and groups seeking positive change; Therapists, Counselors, Recovery Coaches, Educators, Recovery Advocates, People in Recovery, Wellness Professionals, Yoga Teachers, Life Coaches, etc. Combining proven techniques and skills in both outdoor leadership and traditional mentoring, participants who complete the course and all necessary practice requirements will be empowered with the following knowledge and skills:
Module 1: Adventure Recovery Core Skills: 4 Days, 3 Nights
- Storytelling and Metaphor
- Nature as Teacher
- Outdoor and Client Ethics
- Internal Navigation
- Outdoor Risk Management
Module 2: Adventure Recovery Outdoor Skills: 4 Days, 3 Nights
- Nature as Healer
- Solo Experience
- Spirit of Adventure
- Backcountry Navigation
- Goal setting and tracking
Upon completion of both modules, and a Wilderness Advanced First Aid Certification (see below), participants will receive an AR Guide Level 1 certificate. This certificate enables you to offer these experiences to individual clients and to be eligible to facilitate Adventure Recovery group programs and be featured on the AR website as an Adventure Recovery Guide.
Costs for the training are $2500 and include: AR Guide manual, instruction, meals, and technical equipment (personal gear list will be forwarded upon registration). Please contact us directly for payment plans.
Successful graduates will also be encouraged to earn additional credentials and specialize their outdoor skills offerings through AR sponsored instructor certification trainings. Adventure Recovery has partnered with the following Gold Standard instructor certification organizations:
- Wilderness Advanced First Aid & First Responder Certification, Wilderness Medical Association (WMA)
- SUP, Kayak: Level 1-3 Instructor Certification, American Canoe Association (ACA)
- River Rescue Certification (RRC) certified by Sierra Rescue International, CA
- Rock Climbing: Single Pitch Instructor Certification, American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA)
- Mountain Biking: Level 1-3 Instructor Certification, International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA)
- Ski and Snowboard Instructor: The Professional Ski Instructors of America and the American Association of Snowboard Instructors (PSIA & AASI)
AR has partnered with these organizations and their trainers to provide the very best in instructor credentialing. By working closely together, we have created unique representations of these offerings to emphasize a fundamental approach to working with individuals recovering from substance use and other mental health disorders.
These will be small-group offerings and scheduled first-come, first serve throughout 2018.
Costs will vary dependent on the partnering organization’s scale.
Please check back regularly for updates!